I’m mourning the enormous loss of the notorious RBG, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, one of only 4 women to ever sit on the Supreme Court of the United States. Women account for only 3% of Justices (4 out of 114) and it’s thanks to RBG that we enjoy so many rights as women. On this podcast, we will celebrate her and honor her legacy!
Tune in to explore:
- The history of Ruth Bader Ginsburg and why she was such a badass
- How to honor her legacy with inspired actions to take now:
- Watch the RBG movie and bask in her glow
- Sign the MoveOn.org petition to not fill her seat until after the election:
- Contact Senators that are most likely to block a confirmation: Mitt Romney of Utah and Charles E. Grassley of Iowa may be possible dissenters, too, as might Cory Gardner of Colorado. You can contact each of these senators’ offices and tell them why you think it’s important to postpone the confirmation until after the election.
- Contact all these senators who said they would block voting in a supreme court justice in an election year
- Donate to organizations that are working to replace Republican Senators such as Flip the Senate or Swing Left.
- Donate and become a member of American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Help organizations like Families Belong Together fight for immigrant rights and follow me on Instagram and Facebook, as I’m working with a local group to plan a vigil for those in ICE custody. Families Belong Together is doing an online vigil tonight!
I know it is easy to fall into deep despair and exasperated rage about all that is going on in our sweet world. Please be gentle with yourself, take inspired action daily and then turn your attention to what brings you JOY to refuel. We need you!
With Unstoppable Enthusiasm,
+ Leave a comment